Monday, February 18, 2008

Meeting with Dennis on 2/13

The meeting with Dennis was really helpful - just touching base with him, having him clear up any questions I had about the class, and having someone keep track of all of this "working at your own pace" project thing is really nice too. After I got some help with RSS feeds and other things that weren't quite sitting well with me from class, we just talked about TIP. He wanted to know what kinds of things I had gone over with Mrs. M at our meeting and give me ideas and places to go with my research and brainstorming. We talked about webquests quite a bit and a few things for me to keep in mind:
-webquest.org as a great resource to refer to, with examples to look at, they also have this great way to search things by topic or student population - need to explore!
-working in groups on webquests - not to make sure it is not just a chaotic partnered situation but each student has a role with goals as a part of the whole
-the result has to be deliverable - what are students going to come out with or make by questing this whole time?
-and we talked about options like primary access- something else to look into.

The presentation I signed up for is really informal (thank goodness!) where I am going to debrief the class on what's going on with my TIP and where it is going to go. In terms of the final product we are all going to do the digital story final project. I still need to:
-post times I will be teaching out in the field on this blog so he can see me
-talk to Professor P about what I need to do for 788 that might be different from 545

Basically I came up with some good ideas but have lots of narrowing to do. Narrowing is so hard for me ....I really need to have some concreteness to this all. Hopefully after seeing Mrs. M's kids and getting a topic, and seeing past projects I will be able to get it all together. : )

No comments: