Sunday, March 30, 2008

Proposal

Ms. M and I have been working out the details and ironing out any kinks in our lesson to prepare to teach the webquest in April. We have officially decided to have the lesson on the 17th of April in the morning, during science time (I think it's from 8 a.m. to 8:55 - don't quote me on it). I had my proposal to turn into my 545 class and it was a really list of questions and concepts to take into consideration in terms of making sure everything is coming together. Ms. M and I got on the computer during her planning block and found the exact SOLs we needed, and talked out a few things before she let me type it all up on my own. I told her I'd email her a draft of the work document and she could tweak it or let me know what needed to be tweaked - somewhat of an online collaboration. We talked about different sites I could go to in order to get help with things, and we decided to take the ESOL part of it seriously as well - making content objectives (SOLS), technology objectives (NETS) and language objectives (ESOL). We decided that we were going to make user friendliness our number one priority. By using the laptop cart and other laptops from the lower grades we'd put kids in groups or partners in front of a computer to work on it that morning of the 17th. We were also working out the pre and post assessment the day (or days) before and after the actual quest. I gave the proposal to Dennis to look over and am looking forward to his feedback on it.

Ms. M and I are trying to find a good time to keep working this all out. It looks like she has a lot of ESOL standardized tests to give this week coming up - so I think that she and I are going to get together to work on it over the ACPS spring break coming up.

I am trying to link the proposal to this blog....

That's all for now!

No comments: