Monday, May 5, 2008

FINISH LINE!

Looking back on this semester in EDLF 545 I have learned so much and really enjoyed the ride I was on. I had no idea back in January that I would have spent so much time at GE, have access to a whole other side of the educational world, and it was such a great use of my time to combine this practicum with my 788 final project. I would definitely recommend this to other rising 5th years as a great option to learn a lot, boost your resume, and to pull together all kinds of things from your time at Curry.

The digital story was a hit after all - it was so enjoyable to share all of our experiences with the other students in the class, to hear what people are doing next year and to share our creative takes on what we were up to all spring. I think one of the great joys of this "seminar" style course was that we were able to share, collaborate. I got great ideas from other students in the class, we were able to share out our frustrations when the going got rough, and I now have a network of other new "technology-using" teachers to support me as I move out of Charlottesville and am on my way with my own classroom next year.

I really do owe so much to the genius of Dennis, the Ms. M and Ms. W from GE who were so supportive and patient and let this "Rookie" do her thing. I definitely had a learning and teaching experience at the same time and feel so lucky. :)

No comments: